Line Servicing Technician
Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has an opportunity for a temporary Line Servicing Technician for 3 months.
General Job Definition
Line Servicing Technicians provide assistance to Aircraft Maintenance Engineers with helicopter movements, fueling, starts and other duties associated with daily hangar and line operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist daily aircraft tow jobs in and out of the hangar;
- Assist in aircraft fueling tasks;
- Assist in aircraft start;
- Responsible for multiple secondary jobs throughout the hangar;
- Responsible for aircraft grooming when required;
- Help ensure the local workshops and hangar facilities are in a clean, safe and orderly manner;
- Ensure ground support equipment is properly used;
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures;
- Attend all required company training sessions to maintain knowledge of practices/procedures; and
- Other duties as required by the Production Manager.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for the Cougar’s day-to-day operations and asking for assistance when they are unclear about a workplace process to complete a job task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), when required.
- Must live in St. John’s, NL or immediate area within 1 hour travel;
- Preference will be given to those applicants who have graduated from an Approved AME Training Program;
- Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Pass;
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule; and
- Valid Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Above average communication skills;
- Demonstrate safe work practices involving aircraft ground operations;
- Team oriented with strong organizational skills; and
- Aviation background is an asset but not a requirement.
Interested parties should forward their resume to Human Resources by email no later than the close of business on April 14, 2021. Please attach a resume in the form of PDF or Microsoft word document and identify your interest in the position by stating the subject line: CHI-LST-04-2021.
Posted: April 7, 2021
Reports To: Production Manager
Hours Of Work: 12 Hour Shifts
Deadline: April 14, 2021
We greatly appreciate your interest in Cougar. Because of the large volume of applications that we receive, it is impossible for us to speak with every candidate personally. After review of our staffing requirements and matching the candidate credentials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.