Quality Assurance Auditor
Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Auditor. As the Quality Assurance Auditor (QAA) you will be responsible for conducting, reporting, and monitoring quality assurance audits of CHI aircraft and support operations. The QAA ensures compliance with internal policies, customer requirements, and regulatory standards such as those outlined in various CHI manuals and Canadian Aviation Regulations. This role plays a vital part in maintaining the integrity and safety of Cougar Helicopters’ operations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct audits and inspections as per the approved CHI Annual Audit Plan;
- Assist in managing the CHI Audit Reporting and Monitoring System (ARMS) and coordinate ARMS training for CHI employees;
- Review and adhere to all company publications, ensuring currency with company procedures;
- Complete audit checklists and audit summaries as required;
- Verify the effectiveness of completed corrective actions and compliance with company standards;
- Ensure work conducted by internal teams and subcontractors aligns with company publications and regulatory requirements;
- Verify personnel training, standards of workmanship, and technical/regulatory manuals compliance; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operational Compliance Supervisor and Safety and Quality Manager.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities:
- Practice, actively promote, and monitor workplace safety;
- Comply with Cougar’s SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Understand and adhere to workplace requirements, reporting hazards promptly and wearing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Post-secondary training in aircraft maintenance engineering and/or auditing systems preferred;
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance for Controlled Goods authorization and Transportation Security clearance;
- Clean code of conduct;
- Experience in report writing, interpreting standards, and previous auditor training preferred; and
- Experience in the aviation industry and knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS) considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of air carrier operating certificates, operations specifications, and regulatory standards;
- Proficient in writing reports, interpreting standards, and ensuring compliance;
- Strong planning, organizational, and multitasking skills with meticulous attention to detail;
- Proficiency in analytical skills, including risk assessment and problem-solving;
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Word, Outlook, and Excel; and
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Cougar Helicopters Inc. in an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested parties click here CHI - Quality Assurance Auditor to apply.
Posted: November 16, 2023
Reports To: Operational Compliance Supervisor
Hours Of Work: Monday - Friday
Deadline: December 8, 2023
We greatly appreciate your interest in Cougar. Because of the large volume of applications that we receive, it is impossible for us to speak with every candidate personally. After review of our staffing requirements and matching the candidate credentials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.